Instant noodle (beehoon)

beehoon

Everybody loves instant mee. It is so convenient and yummy. How about instant bee hoon?

I like instant beehoon for its simplicity. Just add in lots of vegetables and knock an egg. A ‘balanced’ meal in three minutes.

My favourite vegetable is the ‘tang oh’ which smells like chrysanthemum and cooks real fast. It is usually used in steamboat. Not sure of the English or Malay name because it is labelled as tang oh even in Tesco supermarkets.

beehoon2

This is the regular brand of instant beehoon I buy. It is made in Thailand and claims to cook by just soaking in hot boiling water without needing to cook.

7 thoughts on “Instant noodle (beehoon)

anonymous

(October 10, 2005 - 2:53 pm)

‘Balanced’ meal? Hahah. All that MSG will go to your head. Literally. Yes, save up for your hair treatments now. 😉

Administrator

(October 10, 2005 - 3:01 pm)

anon – Have you eaten too much MSG instead? ‘Cos you obviously have brain damage and cannot comprehend what inverted commas are.

boo_licious

(October 10, 2005 - 6:27 pm)

I also like instant beehoon but usually we just get either the Tung-Ee or Mamee brands. I use them for the soupy noodles while I am addicted to Indomie for their dry noodles.

Administrator

(October 11, 2005 - 12:26 am)

boo – This brand only available at certain supermarkets. I don’t know why but I like this most because it is really spicy when you add in the chilli powder. Nice.

Sue

(October 11, 2005 - 10:04 am)

I love those instant beehoon too! Must be the extremely high content of ajinomoto! :p Have you ever tried instant kuay-chap?! I’ll blog about it one of these days!

sashimi

(October 11, 2005 - 9:18 pm)

hey, this is how i garnished ,too..long time no eat already..must cook it soon 🙂

slau

(November 9, 2005 - 4:10 pm)

I believe ‘tang oh’ is called garland chrysanthenum. picture from plant seed catalogue.