By hiring McDonald’s staff.
Their service is way below par. A few outlets in Penang have closed down after a while. This is what I encountered few days ago in this spanking new outlet in Gurney Plaza.
1) Cheap styrofoam cup for hot coffee. I mean real cheap as in flimsy. The cup toppled and coffee spilled all over.
2) We changed table and told the staff but can you believe this? No one cleaned the place and eventually,the coffee (a lot of them) started flowing ALL OVER the tiled floor.
3) Orders were never delivered until we reminded them several times. (same goes with other patron)
4) They delivered twice for some of the foods.
5) None of the staffs smile.
6) They have this fearful looks on their face. I spoke to them in their mother’s tongue and that somewhate makes them a little more at ease.
7) Onion rings were overfried.
8) Mozza burger was cold and dried.
The place is only about 25% full on the day I went. Imagine when there is a huge crowd.
It is a pity really because I do like their onion rings, mozza burger (when prepared fresh), waffle with syrup and butter plus the rootbeer. I remember their fried chicken is not bad too because the skin is crispy with a nice taste of garlic, much better than McD and crispier than KFC original.
All American Food, but…