Laksa Janggus Balik Pulau yang terbest!

Muteaudio told me about this Laksa Janggus in Kampong Perlis, Balik Pulau. He blogged about it and of course, it is must-try for me.

PICT0156

The place has been featured by TV3, from the above plaque hanging at their shop.

PICT0155

I find it amusing that in the midst of a serene Malay kampung, they have this ‘self-service’ laksa stalls. Just like McDonalds! LOL.

We reached there at about 3.25pm and was told that they only open at 3.30 pm. However, there were already a few families waiting in queue. Note that this is a Monday. I wonder what will happen on weekends?

PICT0157

Huge pots of the laksa soup makes everyone salivating. As I am supposed to be on vegetarian diet, I decided to order only one bowl for my husband and tax just a few mouthful. 🙂

PICT0163

Another ‘must-see’ is the small bowl of laksa. It costs only RM1. I wish I have a photo to show you how cute the small bowl is.

PICT0161

So, here’s the main attraction. A bowl of laksa which has thick soup, taste a little lemak and has just the right balance of sourish/sweetish taste. They use the fresh laksa noodle which is softer than those dried ones. On top of that, they are generous with the vegetables and you can pour any amount of shrimp paste (petis udang) you like.

PICT0160

Besides laksa, they also sell Malay kuehs and sagun! Oh wow, I was so happy to find sagun, which is fried dessicated coconut with sugar and flour. Their ABC, ais batu campur is also a delicious looking concoction.

So, the next time you are in Balik Pulau, hunt around for Kampong Perlis and drop by for a bowl of Laka Janggus. The drive to Balik Pulau is worth it because the journey is filled with scenic kampongs, fishing villages, nice hill view and lots of hidden paddy fields.

8 thoughts on “Laksa Janggus Balik Pulau yang terbest!

smashpOp

(March 14, 2006 - 5:57 pm)

wow nice food pics

mallanhead

(March 14, 2006 - 6:13 pm)

You still can buy a bowl of mee or laksa or whatever for RM1.00. I really missed eating laksa. All type of laksa especially my favourite Penang Laksa. Cant find it here in Perth.

maRLinda

(March 15, 2006 - 1:54 am)

Oh. My. Gosh. Kak lilian.. naughty you!!! Sedapnyaaaaaaaaaa… I am drooling gila ni. Now I gotta wipe my keyboard clean from the drool… sabar jek laaaa… sabaarrr

boo_licious

(March 15, 2006 - 2:52 am)

I wanttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

f1re80

(March 15, 2006 - 5:44 pm)

lilian, plaque as in sign on wall, plague as in typhoid. I hope all their staff sudah kena inject by the health department. hehehe

Administrator

(March 15, 2006 - 9:51 pm)

fire80 – kahkahkah, kena wabak demam burung. Thanks for pointing that out!

boo – If you are in Penang, do take a drive around Balik Pulau because they still maintain their rustic village feel. There are Malay kampungs and Chinese fishing village. And they have laksa everywhere.

mAR – I saw your comments kat muteaudio, so I cepat cepat post banyak banyak gambaq.

mallanhead – Yeah, they still have RM1 bowl which is so cute, like a little dessert bowl.

smashPOP – Thanks!

foodcrazee

(March 17, 2006 - 9:20 pm)

only in Penang —— no where else but Penang…….why only Penang ?

must plan for another trip soon./

[…] Related : 1) Laksa Janggus Balik Pulau […]