Another ‘I know what you eat last summer’ post

I have seen a lot of bloggers lamenting how boring food blogs are.  And I do tend to agree with them.  There are excellents ones like those listed in my blogroll.  Off hand, I like to read local food blogs by  Boo, Babe, Foodcrazee because they have a style of their own. Boo’s excellent way of expressing the food and her helpful informations thrown in is very refreshing. It is almost like reading a food magazine.  Babe’s blog is for its simplicity and joy of a loving mother cooking for her boy-boy.   As for Foodcrazee, he is a chef and therefore, he wrote about foods that I am not likely to eat!  Like those huge abalones, for eg.

Caption : It was my eldest son’s 16th birthday so we celebrated with a bottle of wine and gave him a few sips.

So, what I wanted to say is food blogs don’t have much high paying keywords in Adsense.  Though I do get a few clicks, the keywords are not high paying.  Therefore, if you are thinking of writing a food blog for income, forget it.  It is not worth it.

Caption : Mr. Ho’s Lamb Shank stewed till very, very tender.  RM37++, enough to feed my son and I.

Writing a food blog takes passion.   Even homecooking can be very interesting like maR’s.  She is a Malaysian staying in UK and it is very nice to see what local dishes she cooks over there.

Caption : Tiny cream puffs filled with fresh cream.  Kids love them.

And one thing that I dislike about those posts ala ‘You know what I ate last night’ is the photos of the messy, empty cutleries, bones and shells everywhere.  Ewwwss…spare me the disgusting picture.
Ahem, I am  merely putting my views across.  No offence to anyone, if they can help it.

8 thoughts on “Another ‘I know what you eat last summer’ post

ShaolinTiger

(April 27, 2006 - 2:19 pm)

Food blogs won’t make money at all, it’s not a market for Adwords advertisers.

Food blogs are for people that love food, that’s all, like me, mine is half food blog 🙂

maR

(April 27, 2006 - 4:20 pm)

Kak lilian
    Waaa dia pi sebut pulak… ni kena produce better picture/food/etc etc lah dlm my journal kang *lol*. Alamak the lamb shank look soooo good!

soleilina

(April 27, 2006 - 11:24 pm)

alamak! terasa laaaaaaa… coz my mom said the pic of spaghetti vongole which I had posted on my blog looked so messy but I thought it was an interesting point as spaghetti vongole is meant to look messy.. hehe…

boo_licious

(April 28, 2006 - 6:57 pm)

Thanks for the nice pat on the back Lilian. Drats, it looks like I shld not look at writing a food blog for income since Adwords does not like it much.

[…] April lilian10:30 pmAdd comment I just had lamb shanks two nights ago. But I watch Nigella Bites on TV today and she makes stewing lamb shanks like child’s play.  So, I decided to try it myself.  Went to the supermarket and looked around.  Do you know that air flown meats are very expensive compared to frozen ones? […]

praveen

(April 29, 2006 - 12:12 pm)

kampungboycitygirl’s blog is kinda nice too

babe_kl

(April 29, 2006 - 4:03 pm)

*sobs* i’m so touched to be in your list. thanks for the compliments… it helps to keep my blog going as I was on the verge of giving up due to my busy schedule 😉

gazard

(October 23, 2006 - 10:40 am)

Just stumpled upon your blog through performancing partner. Delicious blog you have. While I’m not much into cooking, but eating is my biggest hobby too.