Long weekend is here and donuts!

Adorable and cute doughnuts from Dunkin’ Donut which I bought sometime during the Ramadhan month last year. Nice to look at but extremely sweet.

I am not a doughnut person and over here in Penang, we don’t have Dunkin Donuts. I prefer the cucur keria which is made of sweet potato and flour, coated with melted white sugar.

It is a long weekend over here in Malaysia because May 1st is Labour Day. It is also my fourth son’s death 3rd anniversary. So, no post until next week. We are going off somewhere, except we can’t make up our mind between Langkawi and Pangkor. Or maybe home.

8 thoughts on “Long weekend is here and donuts!

maR

(April 28, 2006 - 6:58 am)

I’m not a big fan of donuts either

Wuching

(April 28, 2006 - 8:32 am)

nice donuts, may 1st holiday..thanks for letting me know

flower

(April 28, 2006 - 10:34 am)

I love cucur keria too. But the donut looks too nice to eat. Here in Perth, they even have a gingerman shape donuts. My kiddies loves buying it but never eat it. So in the end the mother is always the tong sampah.

SkyJuice7

(April 28, 2006 - 2:06 pm)

Likewise, am not a fan of donuts. When I was in Slovenija (Eastern Europe) last year visiting a long-time friend, her mum-in-law made me a traditional dessert of theirs. I forgot what it’s called. They look like cucur keria with soft texture, with diced apples embedded in the rings, cinnamon and icing sugar on top. Darn, I should’ve taken a photo of those lovely ‘donuts’. The taste was absolutely sinful!

chengsim

(April 28, 2006 - 3:13 pm)

OMGosh! the donuts are incredibly colourful =) i want one…i want one..wait, i think i’ll be too “sayang” to have it! nvm. take it back. take it back.

She's Jess

(April 28, 2006 - 5:54 pm)

Those donuts are cute… can i save the first one as my wallpaper? :p ah… stolen :p

J

(April 28, 2006 - 6:23 pm)

OMG

It looks like a rainbow barfed all over those donuts!
    (So colourful….. TOO colourful, even)

O_o

boo_licious

(April 28, 2006 - 6:54 pm)

hmmmm, they look much nicer up north. The ones we get here see to look like coloured blobs instead.