Scones, scones, scones from Cameron

Costs – RM12 for two with whipping cream, strawberry jam and butter

Place – Bharat Plantation, Brinchang,Cameron Highlands

Taste – Not too dry but texture more like cake. Buttery taste is nice, though

Costs -RM5 per piece with strawberry jam and butter but no whipping cream

Place – Sungai Palas Cafe, high up at the tea plantation
Taste- Rather dry and hard. But the view of the tea plantation is worth the trip and it may enhance the taste. 🙂 Do try their Palas special tea. A nice golden coloured tea.

Costs – RM2.30 per piece, comes with nice carved butter, homemade strawberry jam with chunks of strawberry and pretty piped whipping butter

Place – T-cafe, a cosy little place in Tanah Rata. (check out the post I made during my last visit, last year)
Verdict – Of the three, my son said this is the best.

All the above three places are suitable for Muslims too.

I don’t like scones and cannot understand why others like them. They taste too dry and stiff. But my son likes it so we went around checking the scones from these three places. Other places that serve scones are Ye Olde Smokehouse and Bala Chalets. I highly recommend those who visit Cameron to drop by Bala Chalets.

7 thoughts on “Scones, scones, scones from Cameron

Sooi2

(June 2, 2006 - 4:48 pm)

There’s another scone entry in penangfaces rite? the pic looks quite similar! *slurps!*

boringest

(June 2, 2006 - 5:50 pm)

scones are nice when they are slightly hot…and super nice when you eat them with tea =)

i prefer mine with just butter though.

boo_licious

(June 2, 2006 - 7:27 pm)

They are so nice with clotted cream but I had an overdose of them when I was studying in Devon.

Chen

(June 3, 2006 - 4:57 pm)

Scones.. I eat scones everyday when I was in Cameron Highlands 🙂 I love the one served in T Cafe & Bala Chalets.

suituapui

(June 6, 2006 - 10:34 am)

Oooo! Cream tea! I love ’em scones…with lots of clotted cream, butter and jam! Used to gorge myself when in Plymouth! Haven’t had any around here that tastes even half as nice!!!

(June 6, 2006 - 3:46 pm)

STp -Lucky there is none here to contribute to your TP-ness. 🙂

Chen – I tried T-Cafe but did not go to Bala cos their place has too many antiques and I am scared my kids break them!

boo – I suppose I need to taste real scones with real cream before I can be converted to like scones.

boringest – The one in Bharat Plantation heats up for us but the rest came all cold.

mama23beas

(June 8, 2006 - 4:53 pm)

Now I got it…the T-cafe is what I’m looking for. Thanks;)