A healthy lunch for a change

I had been eating, eating and eating so many rich and fatty foods the last two days. So, for a change, I decide to whip up something light. I got one big, fat juicy tomato and half a yellow paper with chopped coriander leaves.

Throw a few cubes of feta cheese on top.

I did not add any dressings as the vegetables are juicy as they are. But just for photography purpose, I put some into half a wholemeal pita bread. The salad makes a nice fillings too, after I add a dash of mayonnaise.

I also steamed some fresh corn on the cob and everyone has a good time muching on it. Minus salt and butter. Just pure, fresh corn.

If only we can live on simple meals like these everyday…Hahaha, I guess not ‘cos we have so much good food to sample each day.

8 thoughts on “A healthy lunch for a change

Sharlene

(September 8, 2006 - 3:09 pm)

Wow. What a healthy lunch. Looked delicious too. I had KFC for lunch, skins and everything. Haha…

Prometeuz

(September 8, 2006 - 3:20 pm)

Noooooooo….can’t take these…too nHealthy.

earl-ku

(September 8, 2006 - 3:49 pm)

i just wan the cheese …

Sooi Sooi

(September 8, 2006 - 5:18 pm)

aiya, my komen i typed just now tiba-tiba got lost…aniwei, i feel like plucking off those corn off its cob from my computer screen…esp the one on top looks delisssshhhiousss!

had been MIA for a while coz i quit working full time to go part time/freelance (the streamyx took forevah to come to my hse)….i developed a murderous mood from my “condition” (btw, i’m almost 18wks now! 🙂 ) i.e. being surrounded by noisy ppl (in the office) who bitch,bitch,bitch the WHOLE day long *piak,piak,stab,stab,stab*…so now i’m just spending my days working whenever i feel like it and trying out new recipes! 🙂

vkeong

(September 10, 2006 - 10:08 pm)

I’ve been eating a lot too since starting my food blog.. i have put up almost 5kgs lol. I think i need to change to healthy (and non fatty) food too already

(September 10, 2006 - 11:07 pm)

vkeong – LOL, that’s why I write about places sometimes or else eat until no place / thing to eat anymore.

sooi2 – Wuah…lucky you, work from home is the best choice for motherhood!

earl-ku – cheese fattening…

Prometeuz – The feta is evil, full of salt and fat.

sharlene – Yum…KCF’s bones and skins are nicer than the meat. I can chew the small bones and eat them.

f1re80

(September 11, 2006 - 8:26 pm)

For you or your children? I can’t get my daughter to eat vegetables… How-lah? I can only get her to eat papaya to save her bowels.

Hijackqueen

(September 16, 2006 - 11:55 pm)

You should try pearl corn. Can even eat them raw.