Jamie Oliver’s books from Penguin

You know what … if you’re going to eat three times a day for the rest of your life, you might as well learn to cook properly and enjoy it! (Jamie Oliver)

Popular Bookstore is giving 20% discount for Jamie Oliver’s six cookbooks, published by Penguin Books. I have a hard time picking one because they are all equally interesting. But of course, I can only afford one because it costs about RM70-RM110 per book.

In the end, my son helped me to make up my mind. He said, “You are cooking for the family, so get the family cookbook.” It makes sense alright. So, I got myself Jamie’s Dinners – the essential family cookbook for RM82.90 less 20% (about RM66+).

I like Jamie Oliver’s style of cooking because he doesn’t have this hang-up of measuring his cooking ingredients. If you have watched his cookshow, you will know that he just threw everything into the pots/pans/oven without measuring whether one needs a teaspoon or a quarter of a dessertspoon yadda yadda yadda. That to me is real cooking, from the heart and soul.

If you like buying cookbooks, do grab one of Jamie’s. It makes informative read about foods, beside providing beautiful photos and heartwarming stories from Jamie himself. BTW, any other titles you wish to recommend?

13 thoughts on “Jamie Oliver’s books from Penguin

molly

(October 11, 2006 - 12:36 am)

I also bought jamie`s dinner a few months ago from MPH but with no discount. I love his sandwiches!!! I think th next book I will buy will be his naked chef series. I love to watch his cookshow too. He`s got such a heartwarming smile! Makes cooking look so pleasant and interesting.

Larawannabe

(October 11, 2006 - 12:53 am)

jamie makes cooking looks so easy. no dish is too difficult if you follow his way. even if you throw everything in pun still sedap. LOL.

another one that i like to watch and try her recipes is nigella lawson.

flower

(October 11, 2006 - 9:36 am)

He has a new book out. Might have to get it soon. I love his style of cooking. Simple and easy to follow

SkyJuice7

(October 11, 2006 - 11:14 am)

The new book is called Cook With Jamie. Go get it!

mama23beas

(October 11, 2006 - 12:20 pm)

I flipped pages of the same book at MPH too, but didn’t buy. Will get a new oven first:). I love Jamie, too;)

msau

(October 11, 2006 - 1:18 pm)

I love his cooking style too…look so easy…haha..but when I’m try on it..opposite result lor…:p

Rasa Malaysia

(October 11, 2006 - 1:36 pm)

What a co-incidence as I just posted an article about cookbooks. 😉

f1re80

(October 11, 2006 - 2:38 pm)

Funny, how I was just reading his autobiography Jamie Confidential last night…

tonixe

(October 11, 2006 - 3:58 pm)

absolutely right ! if you can cook no need measure !

Like me, I eat without asking whats inside or outside

Just enjoy the taste and the co ! Ambience is delicious !

foodcrazee

(October 11, 2006 - 7:54 pm)

thats cooking alright – instinct and to ur family taste

Sooi Sooi

(October 12, 2006 - 1:52 am)

jamie’s enthusiasm is so infectious…he’s like the ‘crocodile hunter’ of culinary…and his daughters are such dolls! his latest book ‘cook with jamie’ is super interesting too!

lyzaghazali

(October 12, 2006 - 5:32 pm)

and he doesn’t wash whatever he’s putting in the pot either !!! just grab whatever is on his window sill and dunk it in….. cool eh!!!

pixen

(October 13, 2006 - 12:10 pm)

jamie oliver! he’s soooo pukka… 😀 I recommend Jamie’s Italy (his trip to Italy) and Cook With Jamie (his new 15 Melbourne Restaurant in Oz with recipe plus tips and tricks…)