Random pics of rambutan and mangosteen

Weekend is here and it is best spent pigging out on these seasonal fruits. Many people tend to fall sick after taking too much of the mangosteen and rambutan (the hairy red one). It could be due to the sap but the Chinese said it is due to ‘heaty’.

IMGP7333

Sometimes, we will have four types to eat at one go. Rambutan, manggis, langsat and durian. It is fruits galore all day long.

IMGP7331

The ugly toad looking mangosteen. I believe it is a very popular health drink in the Western countries. Not sure what it does. Over here, we eat the fruits fresh.

IMGP7328

Red hairy rambutan the size of an egg. My second favourite fruits after durians.

Have a nice weekend to all!

9 thoughts on “Random pics of rambutan and mangosteen

Alex

(June 3, 2007 - 10:34 am)

but i think rambutans are like reli heaty. fell sick after eatin em lol. so i onli eat mangosteens. durians… still ok.

terence

(June 3, 2007 - 12:40 pm)

I love them both.

rizlan

(June 3, 2007 - 2:57 pm)

apparently the skin of the mangosteen, which is purple, contains one of the highest anti oxidants contents which help in preventing cancer and help diabetics etc. there is a product newly introduced into the malaysian market called XANGOSTEEN made of mongosteen fruit anf skin juice. bloody expensive something like RM135 a bottle. so save your mangosteen skins and start juicing them…

rizlan

(June 3, 2007 - 2:59 pm)

DISCLAIMER: kalau lepas minum your mouth got gatal/itchy don’t come looking for me.

flower

(June 3, 2007 - 7:28 pm)

I love mangosteen more than durian. Bought 5 biji of mangosteen. It was AU$2.00 sebiji. So far this year I havent seen any yet here in Perth.

Steve

(June 4, 2007 - 9:22 am)

Being a matsalleh loving in JB, maybe I know I have been in Malaysia too long when my 7 year old daughters fav fruit is rambutan and my 5yo boy loves durian!

Apples, oranges – not interested!

Steve

Erina Law

(June 4, 2007 - 11:43 am)

i love all this fruits – rambutan, mangosteen, durian and langsat. Heaty hor? Drink lots of leong char mah….. LOL

Agnes Tan

(June 4, 2007 - 5:37 pm)

Now in Bangkok, fruit festival – lychee, mangosteen, salak and lots more, but am not a great fan of fruits…

Kelvin

(June 15, 2007 - 2:46 am)

Would like to find out whether the rind of the mangosteen safe for consumption ( after juicing/blendered ) because I’m afraid the fruits might have been exposed to pesticides. Is anyone out there who can help me refute my claim.