Greetings from Sabah!

I forgot that I have not posted over here about my trip to Kota Kinabalu. I flew here this morning by Air Asia and my flight was early by 25 minute! The flight took off 15 minutes early. Go figure. Nice or what?

The internet connection here is horrijible slow so I won’t be posting a long post. However, I must share these pics of what I ate in the afternoon.

DSCN5329

This looks like some grapes but is seaweed and very tiny. So cute eh?

I went to some local market across the Le Meridien and have so much fun looking at all those stuffs I haven’t seen before. Fruits with funny names, fishes fresh from the sea, lots of herbs and many more.

DSCN5331

The fresh squid is grilled on open charcoal fire. Best!

I have uploaded lots of photos in my Flickr album tagged Sabah. Hop over to see!

Tomorrow we are going to Mount Kinabalu foothill, Kundasang and Poring. The next day we are going island hopping and on Sunday, we are going to explore the areas around Kota Kinabalu. If you have any excellent eating places to recommend, do drop a comment. I love KK!

13 thoughts on “Greetings from Sabah!

Chen

(October 18, 2007 - 11:58 pm)

Dun forget to try out the crispy deep fried Keropok Bayam snack. There are several stalls selling the snacks on the way to Kundasang War Memorial

Raymond Chan

(October 19, 2007 - 3:53 am)

Oh, you’re going to Poring =) I went to the hot springs there, but we didn’t manage to enjoy the hot spring water because they were all under construction and there were simply too many ppl :S

But the Hanging Bridge in Poring was fun, although tiring. Hope you’re enjoying yourself!

Cindy

(October 19, 2007 - 8:45 am)

Check out Precious Pea’s blog, she had just gone there not long ago…

freezingthemo

(October 19, 2007 - 9:10 am)

Welcome to Kota Kinabalu! You must try the ‘sabah vegetable’ also known as ‘shu jai chai’ in any chinese or seafood restaurant.
    If transportation is not a problem, u may go to Gaya Seafood Restaurant in Inanam.
    Fresh Pork Noodles (Seng rou mien)the corner shop in Lintas Plaza.
    Also, try Italian Cuisine at Luna Rossa near the Jesselton Point (kk port).
    Bak Kut Teh (Ngiu Kee Kopitiam) opposite Jesselton Hotel in the city.
    Basically, if u see alot of ppl, it means good. Enjoy your stay!

terri

(October 19, 2007 - 1:21 pm)

hi welcome to KK!i’m sure u’ll love the islands! if u want fine dining (pricey), check out The Coast at Rasa Ria Beach Resort…i love their foie gras n steak.. Karambunai Resort has consistently been rated one of d top in the country – go in d morning;lovely air n surrounding…of cos eat ngew chap (mixed beef noodles) n sayur manis, buy a genuine black pearl at the Filipino market opposite of Le Meridien (i used to doubt they were real until a British friend who bought one at RM300 had it valued in London at 300 pounds!)oh, so many things so little time!ask me if u need any help.:)

tankiasu

(October 19, 2007 - 2:37 pm)

Wow, that squid!! How much does that cost?

Christy

(October 19, 2007 - 3:35 pm)

WOWWWW!! The seaweed thingy looks very unique!
    And the squid definitely is fresh, and I have heard that KK is famous for fresh seafood!:D

hallie

(October 19, 2007 - 5:05 pm)

you MUST MUST go eat the fish called “chi sien pan” its very expensive here in malaysia but in sabah they’re damn cheappp

nieza

(October 19, 2007 - 10:38 pm)

how to cook the seaweed?

Agnes Tan

(October 20, 2007 - 2:20 pm)

Yeah! Good for you and your family to spend holidays in KK. Been there 3 years ago for work. The seaweed is a specie of Sea Grapes, served sashimi style in Japan. Didn’t try it coz was pregnant.

lingzie

(October 21, 2007 - 1:05 pm)

best snack i totally love in sabah is the kudat peanut. the last time i went, i bought 10 packets back!! 🙂 the seaweed thing looks so cool! must show my sabah friend and ask her if she eat before not…

shooi

(October 25, 2007 - 10:33 am)

The seaweed looks so cute! What does it taste like?

EL

(October 25, 2007 - 7:39 pm)

Hi! Nice pictures! Can i ask u which hotel is tat in KK? The one captured in DSC 0016. looks clean and nice.