Big Apple Donuts

donuts

I went to Seberang Prai City shopping mall in Bandar Perda yesterday. Bandar Perda is new township, located somewhere near Bukit Mertajam. Our main purpose was to visit Permatang Pauh for the ‘feel’ of the by-election so we dropped by this new mall which was opened just days ago.

Surprisingly, the crowds were not as crazy as Penang with almost no jam and there are plenty of parking. The mall is actually much nicer than Penang Queensbay Mall and the food outlets are plenty.

big apple donuts

Big Apple Donuts has a branch there and I had to queue up for a while just to buy the donuts. What to do…my children insisted so I had to join the crowd waiting patiently.

big apple donuts

Big Apple has 20 types of different donuts and I rather like it over Missy Donut because they have tastier flavours like really rich chocolate donuts, durian creme donuts (yummm), Homer Simpson’s favourite, cheese and white chocolate and other.

One donut costs RM2.20. We bought a box of 12 and it costs RM21.00.

It is much better than Missy Donut but I have never tasted J.Co so I do not know which is better, Big Apple or J.Co. Too bad they don’t have an outlet in Penang. The donuts were freshly made and some of them must be consumed within 3 hours. The ones filled with creme are yummy and are my favourite.

Big Apple has ample seatings and they serve coffee as well. If there is no crowd, it will be nice to sit down for donuts and coffee. But it was total madness right now, with at least 10+ people queuing up so it is a bit tension to enjoy the donuts there.

Instead, we went over to Black Canyon for coffee and dinner. (my food posts are slowing down because I have by-election fever)

15 thoughts on “Big Apple Donuts

PenangTuaPui

(August 25, 2008 - 2:58 pm)

krispy kreme still my first choice for doughnuts…

miss the life at US back in 2 years….

what to do… this is another mall great for us for food hunting… yum yum….

Choonie

(August 25, 2008 - 3:46 pm)

I like Big Apple Donuts. That is the only donut stall in Kuching but I was told that J. Co is not bad too. Hope to see J. Co in Kuching soon.

buzzingbee

(August 25, 2008 - 4:35 pm)

oh no jam? I thought it would be jam-packed since its newly opened.

Big Apple is nice and J Co is nice too…J Co donuts is very soft. At least the northern people can satisfy their crave for donuts now. 🙂

kaDusMama

(August 25, 2008 - 7:26 pm)

I love duren..duren!!! I got the B.A.D coupon lah..buy 12 free 6..
    want kah?? or buy 6 free 3..until end of this month only

moo_t

(August 25, 2008 - 7:58 pm)

Grab the taste before the quality take a dive. Here in KL, Big Apple QC start degrade compare to 9 months ago.

Choonie

(August 25, 2008 - 11:13 pm)

kaDusMama, I want the coupon! How to get it?

JENCOOKS

(August 25, 2008 - 11:46 pm)

Yes, Krispy Kreame is No 1, then JCo but Big Apple seems so so only tho they have durian but filling was only to give u a whiff of it.

kaDusMama

(August 26, 2008 - 12:29 am)

Choonie..actually the B.A.D people gave it to me last month! Not sure where to get it now..maybe u can ask the staffs there??
    U live in sarawak..how to pass the coupon to ?? 😉

Angie Tan

(August 26, 2008 - 1:25 pm)

Hmmm.. Big Apple used to be nice but ever since JCo hit our shores, I found JCo to be better.

However, it’s just nuts to see those people queue up for donuts every Friday @ Pavillion here. 😛

oOFooi

(August 26, 2008 - 5:22 pm)

Not sure J.Co or Big Apple. I think both of them tastes the same. Donuts are sweet so is really hard to differentiates who is better.

LawrenceT

(August 27, 2008 - 10:17 pm)

dont frail.. krispy kreme is coming to malaysia soon.. Berjaya group had took the franchise!!

th_c

(August 28, 2008 - 8:08 pm)

J co better for me. Haven’t try krispy creme yet.

tasha

(August 31, 2008 - 1:46 pm)

i love the alien..uuh yummy!but i notice after the oil crisis the price here in Kuching had increased up to rm25 for a box of 12 and one donut costs about RM2.60

herobaru

(September 3, 2008 - 1:43 pm)

i love big apple donut and i like donuts choreo

[…] weeks ago. However, both times when I went, there is no queue! Hmmm……how come the Big Apple Donut in Bandar Perda seems to be doing […]