Italiannies – BIG BIG portion Italian foods

I haven’t been updating lately because I am sooooo busy fetching and dropping four kids. The little time I have at home is spent playing mind numbing games because my mind just refuse to work after all those driving. However, I managed to eat, eat and eat because sometimes, I have several minutes to kill before I went on to another destination to fetch yet another kid.

Anyway, I usually do not like to feature restaurants because they are paying bloggers or feeding them to get reviews. So, I become very selfish and do not want to do it for free unless they deserve a mention. Italiannies is one of them. I ate at the one in 1-Utama when I was on a short trip to KL.

DSCF0075

As the name suggests, it is an Italian restaurant with very rustic, cottage decor. I love chequered table cloths and that’s what drawn me into this restaurant amongst the many found in 1-U. Hubby and I with three kids were neither very hungry nor full because it was around 3 pm. We have finished shopping and were about to return home to Penang.

spag carbonara

A dear young man from Penang who is a waiter there warned us that the food portion is very, very big. And thank God he told us in advance or else we will be puking spaghetti through our noses and mouths.

tiramisu

Even their tiramisu is huge and I think a person cannot finish a slice. The tiramisu is gooood with liquer and ricotta cheese.

DSCF0081

We also ordered a four cheese pizza which smells like wet socks but taste crispy on the outer part and cheesy with Gorgonzola cheese. If you are nt used to the pungent cheeses, avoid this. My kids love it.

calamari rings, cheese balls, crispy vege

This is my favourite dish. It is a platter of cheese balls, rice balls, calamari rings and crispy, deep fried fresh veggies like zucchini, onion and don’t know what else. When this dish arrived, it reminds me of TGIF and that’s when I found out that Italiannies is part of TGF. No wonder their menu layout, cocktails and portions look similar.

Too bad that Italiannies is not available in Penang. Then again, even TGIF is barely surviving lately. So, I don’t think Italiannies will be much accepted by the kiam-siap, ai panji ai tua tay Penangites. (stingy, want cheap, want big)

The food prices in Italiannies are reasonable. Remember, the portion is HUGE. We had to tapau some of the cheese and rice balls back to Penang because we couldn’t finish the foods.

10 thoughts on “Italiannies – BIG BIG portion Italian foods

terence

(February 20, 2009 - 3:36 pm)

Yup, very big portion. I also cannot finish. Tastewise also not bad.

pablopabla

(February 20, 2009 - 4:12 pm)

One of my favourite restaurants. Best for dining in big groups because can share share 😀

Erina Law

(February 20, 2009 - 6:35 pm)

the food really look yummy. I agree with you – Penangnite is always looking for ‘keng cheh tai tua teh’

Food Promotions

(February 20, 2009 - 7:16 pm)

Wow..the food looks delicious and its really really in a huge portion. Look at the bowl of mountain spaghetti. Shall give it a try when i drop by at 1-U

Momo

(February 20, 2009 - 10:01 pm)

Ooooooo …… I luv this place. I went to the one at the Curve.

The service was very good and I luv the bread.Nearly wanted to request for more but remembered the big portions.

Yummy!

speedrider

(February 25, 2009 - 2:34 am)

Hi, I just browsed your Kuala Sepetang entry (you have disabled the comments section?) after I have published my own version of the Mee Banjir Kuala Sepetang. Yes, I agreed with you…. Mee Udang at Teluk Kumbar is tastier than Kuala Sepetang ones.

Ananthan Sivalinggam

(February 25, 2009 - 3:00 am)

Hi … thanks for this post … it really tempted me to drop by .. 🙂
    It was very nice … yea thanks for the huge portion alert cause me and my sister could not finish the single spaghetti serving… 🙂
    Sadly the platter of cheese balls and stuff were not available .. and the waiter didn’t seems to know it. 🙁

(February 25, 2009 - 8:36 am)

Hi speedrider – I disabled comment after a certain number of months because I do not have time to reply to the older posts and it is kind of ‘rude’ to never get back to those questions people left on the comment board. 🙂

speedrider

(February 25, 2009 - 9:26 am)

Thanks for the info Lilian 🙂

Lisalicious

(February 27, 2009 - 7:47 pm)

wah!! that spaghetti portion is so big!