I don’t know about others but I find local productions of food review and cook show TV series from Singapore and Malaysia absolutely skin-crawling disgusting, agonising geli and I just want to put my hands into the TV screen and give them a slap.
Why? Because :
1) They always put on those grimacing, “I am so full I can puke look but I still have to eat because I am a food reviewer” look and they straggle to the restaurants.
2) They call themselves food reviewers and yet, they sneered at good foods with “I don’t eat lamb shanks because I cannot stand the smell of goats”.
3) Their cameraman filming technique makes me want to puke my digested breakfast because instead of taking macro shots of beautiful and droolicious foods, they did the zoom in and zoom out technique more suitable for MTV. Dude, you are in the wrong channel!
4) The food tasters usually look like they are a bunch of suakoo (hill billies) who are just let out of the sua kah (foot hills).
5) There was this Singapore production with one guy and two girls and the two girls will always act like bimboes while the guy will play smart and teach them how to eat oysters or stupid stuffs like that.
6) The focus is sometimes not on food but boobs of the female hosts.
7) They tried to squeeze in several restaurants in one show, making the whirlwind series so constipated.
8 ) Again, they used stupid, catchy jingles that robbed off the restaurant or food ambience.
9) They only talk about food, food and food. Nothing about some historial facts or cultures or other interesting tid-bits.
10) I just hate local productions and local chefs are all pondans while female chefs look like lesbians. True! Don’t argue.