Video : Apong Guan

I am now into video filming. It is a learning process for me and my coursemates from the citizen journalism course. There are four of us who own the same brand of video cameras and when we meet, we will put up the tripods and camera and sit down. There is a remote control so we can film ourselves from far. Nice!

One of my coursemate, Jimmy has just video Apong Guan and I think it is a nice video of the pancake stall. So, I am embeding the video here. You may also want to visit Jimmy’s food blog at Pearl Of The Orient.

This Friday, we are going to Balik Pulau, and head to some corner of the island call Pulau Bedong for Hokkien mee and laksa. While we are there, we are also going to find some little chubi tukia to video. Who knows, all the tukias may be terminated from planet earth soon. So, better grab some rare videos. In case you do not know what is tukia, you better don’t ask and don’t know.

6 thoughts on “Video : Apong Guan

PenangTuaPui

(April 30, 2009 - 1:49 am)

So Lilian, when will u be the host to recommend food like ho ciak…? heehee nice video… i like the uncle…. 42 years only.

Momo

(April 30, 2009 - 9:46 am)

I like this uncle. He is always so polite. Comes to the car and ask how many pieces I want. And delivers with a smile.

I always start eating immediately while its hot. Can drive and eat at the same time. And before I know it, all the 10 pieces all gone. Yummy, yummy!!!

(April 30, 2009 - 3:19 pm)

PTP – LOL, he said he sells apong for 42 years lah! Yahor, my CJ coursemates and I all got cameras liao, Jimmy has been a standupper for Malaysiakini news so I ask him to talk and I film. But cannot lah, we all cannot act ‘uea lor kui’ like those hosts. (hungry ghosts)

Momo – me too, so hot cannot hold also can eat one

FlikTeoh

(April 30, 2009 - 5:45 pm)

I was told the other apong stall beside this Apong Guan is also his family member. So which one is nicer to eat ah? =p

(April 30, 2009 - 8:02 pm)

Flik – The poor Apong Chooi (omg, what a funny name, obscene if you pronounce it in Hokkien) only get his business when Apong Guan’s waiting time is too long. His apong is not sweet and lemak enough and I don’t know why he never bother to add more santan and sugar. The other thing is his apong (i mean the one he sells lah hehehe), is too ‘sang’, i.e. easily crumble.

FlikTeoh

(May 1, 2009 - 5:09 pm)

Ahahaha! I didn’t know his name is Apong Chooi!
    And yea! that was what I do when I see long que at Apong Guan. Suddenly felt like eating apong then had to choose either to wait or faster buy and drive away. =p