Salwa Mee Udang – video

Have you people heard me speaking in BM before? No? Hmm….one of these days, I must do a Bahasa Malaysia vblog.

The above is just a quick job of video editing. I am currently really, really distracted, busy and tied down with a lot of things. I have classes three days of the week, some assignment to complete, two websites to maintain, plus my own host of blogs to prune. These days, I don’t even have time to eat out and I have to cook my dinner at 4-5 pm before I have some things to do in church in the evenings.

So, just to keep things alive, here is a short video of our visit to Salwa Mee Udang in Teluk Kumbar last Sunday. I have blogged about this place before so you can probably find the location in the related posts. I know the music is a bit too sad for the clip but heck, I was really doing a rush job. So pardon me.

7 thoughts on “Salwa Mee Udang – video

mama23beas

(May 28, 2009 - 4:01 pm)

Apa Pakcik tu cakap? Ikan ubat orang mati? Apa maknanya tu?
    Tapi itu soalan Ikan Semilang saja buat-buat tanya ke?

(May 28, 2009 - 10:04 pm)

mama2beas – There is rumours that the fishermen preserve their catch with what you call that ubat used to preserve corpse to make it fresh. (googles and found its name – formaldehyde). It is said the Thai fishermen did this the most. But again, that’s what we heard, I cannot verify.

(May 28, 2009 - 10:05 pm)

I have problems differentiating ikan keli and ikan semilang, I call it ikan yang ada misai tu…I thought they bela the ikan from some kelong. They said they got it fresh from Kuala Muda.

Momo

(May 29, 2009 - 1:16 am)

I love catfish curry. Don’t care whether keli or sembilang. I can’t differentiate too. The important thing for me is that the curry be steaming hot when I eat it, preferably Indian curry lemak. My favorite is at a Mamak shop in Jalan Tengah.

mama23beas

(May 29, 2009 - 5:05 pm)

Thanks Lil…my husband (whose father is a fisherman, and he also biasa pegi laut) says over and over if can’t differentiate by looking…try smell. He himself loves ikan semilang but keli is a no-no. His favourite is grill in open flame, kuah is made from cekur, onion, garlic and lots chillies, blended and mixed with fresh coconut milk and salt. No cooking for the kuah. It’s the first meal MIL cooked during my fisrt visit…maybe to show that’s her son favourite lah. But never made myself la, everytime want to buy the fish are all alive…tak pandai nak whack them dead la.

Izzati

(May 29, 2009 - 6:21 pm)

Lilian…sedapnya..gulai ikan semilang tu..dan mee udang

kat mana? teluk kumbar mana? i nak p. Dan-dan i lapaq!

please tell me where’s the place….plezzzeee…

izzati

(May 29, 2009 - 7:00 pm)

stupid me…dint notice u mentioned it in another blog… got the place.. okay 2molo..i p makang.