I am asked if I like to try cooking using BenefiberÂ® and blog about it. Of course! So, I went over to the next door pharmacy to get a bottle. It is a supplement which provides us fibers. But remember, you do not need to know how to cook or if you donâ€™t have the time to cook, you can just add on to your food and voila! Fibre is on your plate!
I didnâ€™t have time to experiment until I returned from Hongkong. And oh boy, do I need fiber after all that eating during my trip. BenefiberÂ® is made of wheat dextrin so I am assured that I wonâ€™t get those bloated feelings that soy products give me.
I grab some fresh ingredients from the supermarket and get down to preparing some recipes which I think is really easy to do. You can try it out at home, using BenefiberÂ® if you need some extra fibers. However, remember to read the product label and use only the recommended quantity. Although I provide three recipes here, I only use the amount of BenefiberÂ® I need in one dish and not in every single dishes or that will be an overload of usage.
RECIPE FOR BLUEBERRIES AND BANANA SMOOTHIE
1 banana, 1 handful of fresh blueberries
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons of BenefiberÂ®
Method : Blend all the above in the blender .
RECIPE FOR PANFRIED FISH, MUSHROOM & TOMATO WITH LEMON SAUCE
1 portion fish abt 200 gm, rub with salt (I used Pollock)
4 large fresh button mushrooms – slice
1 tomatoes â€“ remove seeds and slice
2 cloves garlic, slice thinly
Tiny bunch of fresh dill
Quarter of a lemon, extract juice
50 ml milk or cream
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons BenefiberÂ®
1. Pan fry fish in pan with a bit of oil until cooked. Remove to serving plate
2. Stir fry the garlic, add mushroom, tomatoes and fry till soft. Remove to plate
3. In the same pan, add the milk or cream, lemon juice, pinch of salt, dill and the BenefiberÂ®
4. Pour the sauce over the fish and tomato & mushroom.
RECIPE FOR BROCOLLI CREAM SOUP
1 head of broccoli, about 150 gm
2 fresh button mushrooms (I use mushroom to mask the smell of the broccoli and tell my kids it is green mushroom soup!)
200 ml of stock (I get stock by boiling the bones of a roast chicken, you can use any good stocks)
100 ml of milk or cream
1 cube of butter
1 tablespoons of flour
2 tablespoons of BenefiberÂ®
Salt & Pepper
1. Cut broccoli and mushrooms into tiny pieces, blanch in hot, boiling water.
2. Blend the broccoli in the stock until smooth
3. Heat a pan and melt the butter, add the flour and stir till it turns transparent. This roux will help to thicken the soup.
4. Pour in the milk/cream and blended broccoli/mushroom and simmer till heat through.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. The BenefiberÂ® can be added too.
So, there you have it! Three healthy, delicious and very easy to prepare recipes using only few ingredients which you can easily grab from the supermarket shelves.
By adding BenefiberÂ® , it helps to give us all the fibers we need. Even if you are not cooking these dishes, you can easily add the BenefiberÂ® if you are eating out as BenefiberÂ® can be added to any types of foods, whether hot or cold. It is not suitable for carbonated drinks though.
I had sniffed and tasted the BenefiberÂ® . It has no funny smell or taste. So, it is almost unnoticeable in foods which makes it an easy to consume product.
You can find more interesting recipes on Benefiber website at http://benefiber.com.my/. And if you like a free sample, just hop over and provide your address. A sample will be mailed to you.