The day I made 7 pizzas (recipe included)

It was one hectic afternoon when I decided to bake pizzas from practically nothing. I only have a packet of 10 cheese sausages, a can of pineapples, a bit of pizza font and some cheese. I have a group of teenagers who will be feeling hungry after some fun project in church.

So, I did the unthinkable. I made seven pizzas within 2+ hours. Good thing it was a hot afternoon and the dough rose real fast.


I used 1 kilogram of flour, two tablespoons of yeast, sugar, olive oil and 1 tablespoon of salt. I mixed in some herbs.


This is all I have to make the pizza toppings. Real economical too. Sweet, canned pineapples and creamy cheese sausages.


I got bored after too many repetitions and made one calzone or a giant karipap with the last batch of the dough. The problem with making big batches of pizza is the first two or three have nice, crispy crusts which I like. The following third and fifth have softer crust and LOL, the last batches have bread like crust. My hubby said it is like focaccia. A kind of Italian bread that is so popular in Italy. The dough keep rising and rising, you see.


As you can see, it is a really good pizza.  Wholesome, very little fat, cheap and the teenagers loved it.

Now I have a question to all the cooks out there.  Why is the dough so rubbery?  I find it very frustrating because the dough keep shrinking and I feel like tossing it in the air to stretch it out.  But the moment I put it down, it shrank again.

8 Replies to “The day I made 7 pizzas (recipe included)”

  1. Maybe not enough leavining kot. I had that problem when I made pizza once. probably they are like that. I wonder if pressing the dough (flatten it out) with fingers instead of a rolling pin would help.

  2. Lillian, when you handle the dough too much it develop gluten and it tough to stretch it out. If this happen just let dough rest for a few minutes and the dough will relax and then it will be much easier to stretch it or roll it out again.

  3. Lilian, wat Gertrude mention is very true. Once your dough is done, don’t just throw it like that and let it rest. You got to mould it whereby you pull it into a ball shape and let it rest for 45 – 1 hour. Depends on the weather too. Then, devide it to the portion you want. Flatten it and let it further rest for 20 min at least before you bake or work with it again. Wah………. very susah explain also. Never mind, the next time we meet I will further explain. Otherwise, I tak boleh habis my story. Hehehe. Btw, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Your turkey kau tim chor mei? Remember to blog abt it ok? I have no time to bake it so make it easy – BELI lor!!! Show you mine later how does it look like.

  4. I make my usual pizza too. But this time I roll the pizza into cinnamon rolls type of roti. We had pepperoni and cheese. Taste wise ok lah. Hubby and son seem to like it.
    Here if its winter, I will proof my dough infront of the heater. Kalau tak, it will takes forever for it to naik.
    Merry Xmas and Happy new year to you and all your kiddies from us here in Perth.

Comments are closed.